Everyone loves the beauty and the ease of braid extension styles, but what isn’t so cool is the terrible itching! Thankfully there is a solution to prevent this from happening so you can enjoy your braids without having that unpleasant itch.
Well, why is synthetic hair so itchy?
To make the hair heat resistant a coating of Akaline Lye is sprayed on the hair. So when you are burning the ends of the hair or using boiling hot water to curl the Kanekalon hair, you have the Akaline to thank. The Akaline also helps to make the product more sanitary and aids in preventing mold and other growths. Unfortunately many people’s scalps become easily irritated by this coating which is why even on the first day of getting your braids you may find it to be quite itchy.
How to make the hair less itchy
Soak your hair in a solution of water and apple cider vinegar.
1. Fill your sink or a bowl large enough to fit your braiding hair in with warm water.
2. Add in a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
3. Let the hair set in the solution until you see a white film appear.
4. Take the hair out of the solution and rinse with water.
5. Remove the excess water and let the hair air dry until you are ready to use.