We’ve all been there. What we thought was going to be a dope twist out turns out to be a dud. If you start to take down your twists and can see your style isn’t turning out so hot you can take action to prevent things from going further downhill.
Here are the top 3 reasons why your twist out results suck:
- The product you used didn’t work out for you
- Your ends need to be trimmed (stringy ends will ruin this style)
- Your hair didn’t dry completely
Once you see that the twist out isn’t going to be what you had hoped, unfortunately there isn’t any going back. You don’t want to make the situation any worse and hopefully the goal is to save the style; get ready to do some damage control!
#1 Avoid over fluffing and picking your hair, this will make it more frizzy.
#2 Do separate your strands a max of only 2 times and make sure you lightly oil your hands before going to work.
#3 If your hair isn’t dry and you don’t have time to wait, blow dry your hair (ideally with a diffuser attachment for even heat distribution). Try to wait until it is thoroughly dry if at all possible.
- Try doing a quick updo bun or ponytail
- Tuck and roll it into a style
- Go with the fro and rock a more textured fluffy style
- Wear a headwrap or headband