When your hair is curly split ends are not always easily seen so many turn to heat for better visibility, but you do not have to.
The easiest way to see split ends without using heat is to braid or twist your hair in medium size sections.
Hair that is healthy has the same thickness throughout the strand, whereas hair that needs a trim starts thinning out towards the ends.
You will want to use scissors that are designed for cutting hair and used only for cutting hair to trim away the damage. Split ends make it hard to style your hair and can also destroy style results. They also travel up the strand overtime, so if you suspect you have a split end problem take care of it right away.
You can also spot split ends by working with your hair in sections and examining their appearances.
Signs that you have split ends are:
- Your ends appear white or transparent
- You have small knots at the ends of your hair
- The ends of your hair appear jagged or uneven
- Your hair has a dramatically thinned out
- It’s really hard to style your hair or curl it